This unique field of remembrance commemorates the fallen of the Great War from across the whole of the Civic Parish of Loftus and can be visited between the 1st November to the 11th November.
The Field was blessed and dedicated at a special service on Saturday 1st November 2014.
ALL SOULS’ DAY 2014
This year All Souls’ Day falls on Monday 3rd November.
- A Mass of Requiem will be celebrated at St Leonard’s Loftus at 7:00 pm on Monday 3rd November 2014.
- A Mass of Requiem will also be celebrated at St Helen’s Carlin How at 10:00 am on Wednesday 5th November 2014.
REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY 9TH NOVEMBER 2014
- The Parish Requiem Mass for the War Dead takes place in Saint Leonard’s Parish Church Loftus at 9:00 am
- At 10.45 am The Parade will process from Water Lane along High Street, through the Market Place to Loftus War Memorial, aiming to reach the Memorial at about 10.55 am.
- 11.45am – War Memorial service. Organisations will be called forward to lay wreaths, and there will be Standards and a bugler
- 12.15pm – War Memorial service. Organisations will be called forward to lay wreaths, and there will be Standards and a bugler.
- 6pm – Service of Remembrance and Reconciliation in Skinningrove Methodist Chapel.
ARMISTICE DAY TUESDAY 11TH NOVEMBER 2014
- A Requiem Mass for the War Dead will be celebrated at 10:00 am at St Helen’s Parish Church in Carlin How.
- 12 noon there will be short service to mark Armistice Day in the Field of Remembrance in the churchyard in St Leonard’s.
All the above services and events are public events and services and are open to all.